Thursday 26 June 2014

by Jamey Balester


Christ

Description:

This is a drawing from one of my sketch books done in 2004 as I pondered what Christ may have looked like after being beaten and the crown of thornes pushed into his head.

There are scriptures that speak of Christ's marred visage and how he was beaten and crucified.
Isaiah 52:14 Just as many were astonished at you, So His visage was marred more than any man, And His form more than the sons of men;

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God!"

Savior

Description:

This is a drawing I did in 1994, when I had been backslidden in my walk with Jesus Christ. What I wrote is still valid in many ways, since some christians don't show unsaved people the love of Christ. We are called to be a witness and to share the good news of Jesus Christ, the Saviour for all who believe on him. Sometimes believers don't realize this and often turm people off to the gospel. But, there is no excuse once you have heard the truth, you are held accountable for what you know. God will ask us all one day, who is Jesus Christ to you?

To me He is my savior, redeemer, the Son of God, God incarnate, and the King of kings, Lord of Lords, the one who will return to earth one day to collect his people and to judge the whole world, living and dead. So,if you don't believe or are not saved,
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved".

Tetelesti - It Is Finished

Description:

Tetelesti in Hebrew means "It is finished". That is the final thing Christ uttered before he gave up his spirit and died on the cross. This is also something I pondered and tried to imagine as I drew this in my sketchbook, I believe it was after a bible teaching on this subject.

Please clivk on the Picture Links below for more information:

To see Jamey's work in the main Blog please click <> HERE <>





About Jamey:

I have been an artist since I was a child.

My training is a combination of formal and self-taught techniques including; Drawing, Painting, Print Making, Ceramics, Sculpture, and Digital Media. I am an Alumnus of the Hartford Art School in Connecticut.

My faith drives me to create pieces which I believe reflect the beauty of creation or the spiritual search. My subjects often include Horses, Animals, Nature, Musicians, often Jazz Musicians, and Christian symbolism.

I love to use Bold Color and Capture the moment in my work. I enjoy stressing Movement in many of my pieces. I have been influenced by various styles including, but not limited to: Surrealism, Abstract Expressionism and Expressionism, Classical, and many more. My love of Music is an influence as well and I feel it’s also art as the movements in music coincide with the movements in art respectively.

My Gallery consists of paintings, drawings, sculptures, and photos from my past and present works. As a wife and mother my spectrum of creativity has deepened. My focus now is on my faith, family, love, life, and the world around me.

I hope you enjoy my art and will consider having my pieces adorning your walls. Please feel free to browse and share with others who may be interested.

I will be donating a percentage of my Sales to the following causes. Mustangs are an important part of American History that should not be exterminated by mass roundups. Frogs are also disappearing at an alarming rate. Please visit the following links and get involved.

God Bless,

Jamey Balester

All work in the corresponding galleries is the original work of Jamey Balester. For sale, copyrighted to Jamey Lee Balester, Jamey L. Balester, Jamey Lee Balester Lopez, JLBStarCreations, & JameyBalester.com as such, is protected by US and International Copyright laws.

ALL ARTWORK IS COPYWRITTEN WITH ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: ©


Hesperia, CA - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment